Welcome to eTutoring for Spring 2015 Semester!
January 26th through May 15th
NOTE: Starting Tues. May 1, eTutoring will be doing weekly maintenance on the site on Tuesdays from 7-9 AM. There may be some interruptions in service if you log in during this time.
STUDENT LOGIN INSTRUCTIONS:
Your username and password have already been established for you. Your username is your CCCC computer access user name. All registered students are automatically assigned a username that consists of “first name (dot) last name”. In the case where multiple students have the same name a sequence number is added. For example if there are two students with the name John Smith the first will have account “john.smith” with email firstname.lastname@example.org and the second will be “john.smith.2” with email email@example.com. Contact the CCCC Tutoring Center at 508-362-2131, ext. 4352, with username questions. Your eTutoring password is your student ID.
Please use eTutoring for assistance with your CCCC courses. Many students have found that eTutoring helps them improve their work and get better grades!
Fall eTutoring SUPPORT IS AVAILABLE FOR THE FOLLOWING COURSES:
Math (from the developmental level through Calc II)
Anatomy & Physiology
Research Methods and Information Literacy
Online Writing Lab allows you to submit a draft of your paper to a tutor, ask for specific feedback, and receive your work back with a tutor's comments within 24 to 48 hours (longer during crunch times - plan ahead!). (You may submit three drafts per paper.)
Live Tutoring via eChat allows you to meet with a tutor in one-on-one tutoring sessions via a fully interactive, virtual online environment.
Offline Questions allows you to leave a specific question for an eTutor, who will respond within 48 hours (but usually sooner).
SOME TIPS FOR USING eTutoring:
- Ask your instructor for the eTutoring Guidelines or request them from the CCCC Tutoring Center. They are also available from the Tutoring online home page; click on the eTutoring Guidelines link.
- If you're having login problems, contact the CCCC Help Desk at 508-362-2131, ext. 4004 to confirm your user name or the CCCC Tutoring Center at ext. 4352.
- For problems with eTutoring (once you have logged in), go to the SUPPORT link at the top-right corner of the page. You will be linked to FAQs, as well as a helpdesk function. You can also get helpat: http://esupport.ctdlc.org
- Leave plenty of time before your assignment is due. eTutors usually review writing submissions within 28-48 hours, but the wait could be longer during "crunch" times.
- You can leave a question on the eTutoring website anytime, and an instructor will get back to you. There is a posted schedule of eTutors' hours for your convenience.
- eTutors can help you become a better writer or problem solver; however, they cannot do the work for you.
- For eQuestions and the Essay Center, you will be limited to no more than 2 submissions (waiting for a response) at any given time.
- No assignment/paper can be submitted to eTutoring more than three times. If the piece is long, eTutors will do what they can in about 30 minutes, and start with the higher order concerns (organization, argument, etc) first.
If you have more questions, please call the CCCC Tutoring Center at 508-362-2131 x4352.
For technical problems, students are to contact CTDLC support,
The CCCC Tutoring Center