PASSAIC COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE
Summer 2015 eTutoring: June 1 - August 14
Please note that eTutors cannot review or offer comments on final exams for composition courses.
How do I Log in?
Username: same as PCCC Account/Campus Cruiser
Password: first-time users - last six (6) digits of your Social Security Number, OR, if you never provided PCCC with a SSN, the last 6 digits of your student ID number. If you are a returning user and had changed your password previously, use that password.
Forget your password? If you have changed your password and forgotten it, follow the link, then enter your PCCC email address to retrieve it. You can still enter your email with the @pccc.mailcruiser.com extension.
If your account has been deactivated or you still cannot log in, please fill out an ETutoring Help Request Form.
Passaic County Community College is a partner in the Northeast eTutoring Consortium, enabling us to provide online tutoring support for all of our students. As a PCCC student, you have ongoing access to online professional tutoring services in the following areas:
- Math (Developmental through Pre-Calculus)
- Calculus I & II
- Research Methods and Information Literacy
- Anatomy & Physiology I
If the demand is there, other tutoring areas may be added.
- Online Writing Lab allows you to submit a draft of your paper to a tutor, ask for specific feedback, and receive your work back with a tutor's comments generally within 24 to 48 hours. (The turnaround time varies based on the number of papers submitted at that time.) You may submit up to three drafts per paper, if desired.
- Live Tutoring via eChat allows you to meet with a tutor in one-on-one tutoring sessions via a fully interactive, virtual online environment.
- Offline Questions allows you to leave a specific question for an eTutor, who will respond within 48 hours (but usually sooner).
Starting With eTutoring
- To log in for the first time, use your Campus Cruiser ID as your login and the last six digits of your Social Security number as your password.
- You will have the opportunity to change your password after your first login. It may be helpful to make your password match your Campus Cruiser portal password. Remember, eTutoring is not connected to the PCCC Campus Cruiser - changing your password in one will NOT change it in the other account.
- You must read and accept the eTutoring Terms and Conditions by checking the "I agree to all terms and conditions" box at the bottom of the page
- Click on one of the eTutoring Resources on the welcome page and you are started.
- If you choose eChat, you'll see that colored tutor icons will indicate which tutors are online. Just click on the icon if you wish to converse with a tutor.
- If a tutor isn't available for eChat, you can leave a message through Offline Questions.
The Weekly Tutor Schedules are available on the lower right-hand bottom of the welcome page.
If you need technical assistance with the eTutoring platform itself, please click on SUPPORT on the uppermost part of your screen, or here: http://esupport.ctdlc.org.
We hope that you find the eTutoring support to be of great value to you in your courses. Best of luck in your studies this semester!