Welcome to the Western eTutoring Consortium!
Want to log in? READ THIS:
Read the directions below very carefully.
To Log In:
- Username: Your WSU Network ID.
- Password: wsuonline
Example: George Goodstudent, Network ID: ggoodstudent
Username and password are case-sensitive. Make sure you sign in as a student.
- If you need assistance with the login process, please send an email with your first and last name, username, and password to firstname.lastname@example.org. Megan will reply to your email with login instructions. If you submit this information to us over the weekend, it will not be responded to until the beginning of the work week.
- When you log in the first time, you'll be asked to update your account profile, which includes choosing a new password. Please change your password at this time.
- To verify your account you will need to add your WSU student ID # as your institutional ID.
- Finally, please read and accept the eTutoring Terms and Conditions by checking the “I agree to all terms and conditions” box at the bottom of the page.
- Once this process is complete, click on one of the eTutoring services on the welcome page to begin!
Subjects available to all WSU students:
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Engineering (Circuits and Digital Systems Only)
- Intro to Psychology
- Math (Developmental through Trigonometry)
- Microsoft Office
- Web Development (xHTML, CSS, and Adobe Dreamweaver)
Following the completion of each session on eTutoring, you will receive an email from eTutoring.org asking you to click on a link and fill out a two-question survey on your eTutoring experience. Please take a few minutes to give us the feedback we need to improve our site and our services.
The eWriting Lab allows you to submit a draft of your paper to a tutor, ask for specific feedback, and receive a tutor's response within 24-48 hours.
Live Tutoring via eChat allows you to meet with a tutor in one-on-one tutoring sessions via a fully interactive, virtual online environment. Live sessions are offered in every subject but writing.
The offline eQuestions allow you to leave a specific question for an eTutor, who will respond within 48 hours (but usually sooner). eQuestions may be submitted for any of the subject areas covered.
If you choose eChat, colored tutor icons will show which tutors are online. Click on the icon you wish to “chat” with. Note that your browser must be set to allow pop-ups in order for eChat to work.
If a tutor isn’t available for eChat, you can leave the tutors an eQuestion.
The Weekly Tutor Schedules are available in the lower right hand side of the welcome page.
We look forward to working with you and hope you will take advantage of the online tutoring resources offered by eTutoring throughout your academic career!
If you have technical issues with our site, please visit tech support at the following web site: http://esupport.ctdlc.org. On this site, you'll find tech support's hours and phone number as well as access to Live Support via online chat. To submit a service request, you'll need to click on "Create an Account" first. Tech support can help you make sure your computer is ready for eTutoring. However, they cannot help you with login and password issues. For login issues, email email@example.com. Megan will reply to your email with login instructions. Please include in your email your username, password, and first and last name. Meganwill reply with login instructions.