Last day to submit paper for review: April 21, 2014
Welcome to the online tutoring site for students at Owens Community College. This resource is offered as an extension of the face-to-face resources and is available January 21 - April 28, 2014.
Please use the following instructions to log on to the eTutoring.org site:
1. Click on “Need an Account” under the Sign In button.
2. Complete the required fields by creating your own username and password.
3. You will have the opportunity to change your password after your first login.
4. eTutoring is not connected to any of your other Owens accounts; changing your password here will NOT change it in another account
5. You must read and accept the eTutoring Terms and Conditions by checking the "I agree to all terms and conditions" box at the bottom of the page.
6. Click on one of the eTutoring Resources on the welcome page to begin your session.
Now you’re set to start accessing eTutoring resources!
As an Owens student, you have access to eTutoring in the following subject areas:
- Math (from the developmental level through Calculus II)
Online Writing Lab allows you to submit a draft of your paper to a tutor, ask for specific feedback, and receive your work back with a tutor's comments within 24 to 48 hours. (You may submit three drafts per paper.) If you are submitting a paper for review, please keep in mind that the eTutors do not proofread to identify and/or correct every error in your paper. Rather, tutors identify patterns of errors or weaknesses and explain how to make improvements to your writing.
Live Tutoring via eChat (in most cases) allows you to meet with a tutor in one-one-one tutoring sessions via a fully interactive, virtual online environment.
Offline Questions allows you to leave a specific question for an eTutor, who will respond within 48 hours (but usually sooner).
If you need assistance with the eTutoring platform, please click on SUPPORT on the uppermost part of your screen, or here: https://www.etutoring.org/support/index.cfm.