Welcome to the Western eTutoring Consortium!
Logging in to eTutoring
- Username: Your User Name is the FIRST THREE LETTERS of your last name followed by the LAST FOUR DIGITS of your Student ID Number (SID)
- Password: Your Password is your first initial, last initial, and full SID
For example: If your name is John Smith and your SID is 915-12-3456, your user name would be smi3456. Your password would be js915123456
(If you are a current student but are unable to log in, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 360-538-4060)
- When you log in the first time, you'll be asked to update your account profile.
- Finally, please read and accept the eTutoring Terms and Conditions by checking the “I agree to all terms and conditions” box at the bottom of the page.
- Once this process is complete, click on one of the eTutoring Services on the welcome page to begin!
What is eTutoring?
A number Washington Community Colleges are partnering with the State Board of Community and Technical Colleges and the Connecticut Distance Learning Consortium to provide online tutoring assistance to students through eTutoring.org. All Grays Harbor College students have access to eTutoring’s free online tutoring services in the following subject areas:
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Engineering (Circuits & Digital Systems only)
- Math (Developmental through Calculus)
- Microsoft Office
- Web Development (xHTML, CSS, and Adobe Dreamweaver)
The Online Writing Lab allows you to submit a draft of your paper to a tutor, ask for specific feedback, and receive a tutor's response within 24-48 hours.
Live Tutoring via eChat allows you to meet with a tutor in one-on-one tutoring sessions via a fully interactive, virtual online environment. Live sessions are offered for Accounting, Calculus, Math, and Statistics.
The offline eQuestions allow you to leave a specific question for an eTutor, who will respond within 48 hours (but usually sooner). eQuestions may be submitted for any of the subject areas covered.
If you choose eChat, colored tutor icons will show which tutors are online. Click on the icon you wish to “chat” with. Note that your browser must be set to allow pop-ups in order for eChat to work.
If a tutor isn’t available for eChat, you can leave the tutors an eQuestion.
The Weekly Tutor Schedules are available in the lower right hand side of the Welcome page.
We look forward to working with you and hope you will take advantage of the online tutoring resources offered by eTutoring throughout your academic career!