Welcome to the Western eTutoring Consortium!
Linfield College is partnering with the State Board of Community and Technical Colleges and the Connecticut Distance Learning Consortium to provide online tutoring assistance to students through eTutoring.org. All Linfield DCE and Portland students have access to eTutoring’s free online tutoring services in the following areas:
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Engineering (Circuits & Digital Systems only)
- Microsoft Office
- Psychology (end of September 2012)
Student Evaluation of Services
When you finish your eTutoring session, a “Student Evaluation of Services” survey will pop up. Please take a moment and let us know how this is working for you.
The Online Writing Lab allows you to submit a draft of your paper to a tutor, ask for specific feedback, and receive a tutor's response within 24-48 hours.
Live Tutoring via eChat allows you to meet with a tutor in one-on-one tutoring sessions via a fully interactive, virtual online environment. Live sessions are offered for Accounting, Calculus, Math, and Statistics.
The offline eQuestions allow you to leave a specific question for an eTutor, who will respond within 48 hours (but usually sooner). eQuestions may be submitted for any of the subject areas covered.
Logging in to eTutoring
Read the directions below very carefully.
To Log In:
- Username: Your Linfield CatNet ID. Do not use your student ID number as your username.) (This is the username you use to log in to email, Blackboard and WebAdvisor.
- Password: adp2010ja (first time login)
Make sure you sign in as a student.
- When you log in the first time, you'll be asked to update your account profile, which includes choosing a new password. Please change your password at this time.
- To verify your account you will need to add your Linfield student ID # as your institutional ID.
- Finally, please read and accept the eTutoring Terms and Conditions by checking the “I agree to all terms and conditions” box at the bottom of the page.
- Once this process is complete, click on one of the eTutoring Services on the welcome page to begin!
If you choose eChat, colored tutor icons will show which tutors are online. Click on the icon you wish to “chat” with. Note that your browser must be set to allow pop-ups in order for eChat to work.
If a tutor isn’t available for eChat, you can leave the tutors an eQuestion.
The Weekly Tutor Schedules are available in the lower right hand side of the welcome page.
If you need assistance, please contact your campus' help desk.
We look forward to working with you and hope you will take advantage of the online tutoring resources offered by eTutoring throughout your academic career!