Last day to submit paper for review: April 26, 2014
Welcome to eTutoring at The University of Akron
Spring Semester Dates: January 21 - May 3, 2014
IMPORTANT NOTE: We will be closed March 24 - March 30 for Spring Break
Note: This service is limited to currently registered University of Akron students
For an overview of the Ohio eTutoring Collaborative and the eTutoring process, watch this video produced by The University of Akron.
Register with eTutoring
- In the box on the left, select the Need an Account? link.
- Each field is required!
- Use your UAnet id as your student id AND as your user id.
- Use your UA email (UAnetID@zips.uakron.edu) as your email address.
- You do not need to use your UA password. If you forget the password you create, it can be reset.
- Read and accept the eTutoring Terms and Conditions by checking the “I agree to all terms and conditions” box at the bottom of the page.
- You can view the registration process in this video (select the Play button): http://learn.uakron.edu/video/files/etutoring/etutoring_reg.swf
As a student at The University of Akron, you have access to online tutoring in the following areas:
- Math (from the developmental level through Calculus II)
- The Online Writing Lab allows you to submit a draft of your paper to a tutor, ask for specific feedback, and receive your work back with a tutor’s comments in approximately 24 to 48 hours.
- You may submit up to three drafts per paper. Note: This is NOT a proofreading service. The tutor will offer suggestions as to how you can successfully revise your own paper.
- You can view directions for using the Online Writing Lab at this link (select the Play button):
- eChat will allow you to meet with tutors in one-on-one tutoring sessions via a fully interactive, virtual online environment.
- Offline questions will allow you to leave a specific question for an eTutor, who will respond within 48 hours (but usually sooner).
- Login from the sidebar on the left.
- Use your UAnet id and the password you submitted when you created your account.
- If you need login assistance, contact the ZipSupport Center at x6888 or create a FootPrints ticket by e-mailing email@example.com. If necessary, the ZipSupport Center will forward your request to a UA eTutoring administrator.
- If you need technical assistance, please go to https://www.etutoring.org/support/index.cfm