Welcome matriculated CSU East Bay undergraduate students to the Western eTutoring Consortium!
To log in, please read the directions below very carefully.
To Log In:
- Username: Everything that precedes the @ symbol in your horizon.csueastbay email address.
- Password: EB followed by the month (2 digits) and day (2 digits) of your birthday
Example: George Goodstudent, email: email@example.com
The letters EB followed by George's birthday, June (06) 4th (04).
- Make sure you sign in as a student.
- Another screen will then open. If this is your first time visiting eTutoring, you'll be asked to update your account profile, which includes choosing a new password. Please change your password at this time.
- YOU WILL THEN BE ASKED TO VERIFY YOUR ACCOUNT. WHERE IT ASKS FOR YOUR INSTITUTIONAL ID, ENTER: CSUEBstudent.
- Finally, please read and accept the eTutoring Terms and Conditions by checking the “I agree to all terms and conditions” box at the bottom of the page.
- Once this process is complete, click on one of the eTutoring services on the welcome page to begin!
Subjects available to all CSUEB students:
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Engineering (Circuits & Digital Systems only)
- Math (Developmental through Calculus)
- Microsoft Office
- Web Development (xHTML, CSS, and Adobe Dreamweaver)
Student Evaluation of Services Survey
When you complete your eTutoring session, a “Student Evaluation of Services” survey will pop up. When you complete it you'll be entered in a drawing for a free iTunes gift card.
The eWriting Lab allows you to submit a draft of your paper to a tutor, ask for specific feedback, and receive a tutor's response within 24-48 hours.
Live Tutoring via eChat allows you to meet with a tutor in one-on-one tutoring sessions via a fully interactive, virtual online environment. Live sessions are offered in every subject but writing.
The offline eQuestions allow you to leave a specific question for an eTutor, who will respond within 48 hours (but usually sooner). eQuestions may be submitted for any of the subject areas covered.
If you choose eChat, colored tutor icons will show which tutors are online. Click on the icon you wish to “chat” with. Note that your browser must be set to allow pop-ups in order for eChat to work.
If a tutor isn’t available for eChat, you can leave the tutors an eQuestion.
The Weekly Tutor Schedules are available in the lower right hand side of the welcome page.
If you need assistance, please call the CSUEB Student Center for Academic Achievement (SCAA) Coordinator, June Barber at 510-885-4511 or email firstname.lastname@example.org; or you may contact the SCAA reception desk at 510-885-3674 or email the SCAA at email@example.com.
We look forward to working with you and hope you will take advantage of the online tutoring resources offered by eTutoring throughout your academic career!