Welcome to the Western E-Tutoring Consortium!
Want to log in?
Read the following new directions below very carefully.
To Log In:
- Username: Your 9 digit student ID (SID) number that you use for CANVAS
- Password: cascadia (lower case)
Example: Username: 960000000
Password: cascadia (please note all lower case!)
Make sure you sign in as a student.
- When you log in the first time, you'll be asked to update your account profile, which includes choosing a new password. Please change your password at this time.
- To verify your account you will need to add your student ID # as your institutional ID.
- Finally, please read and accept the eTutoring Terms and Conditions by checking the “I agree to all terms and conditions” box at the bottom of the page.
- Once this process is complete, click on one of the eTutoring services on the welcome page to begin!
Subjects available to all Cascadia students:
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Engineering (Circuits & Digital Systems only)
- Math (Developmental through Calculus)
- Microsoft Office
- Web Development (xHTML, CSS and Adobe Dreamweaver)
Student Evaluation of Services Survey
When you complete your eTutoring session, a “Student Evaluation of Services” survey will pop up. When you complete it you'll be entered in a drawing for a free iTunes gift card.
The eWriting Lab allows you to submit a draft of your paper to a tutor, ask for specific feedback, and receive a tutor's response in about 48 hours.
Live Tutoring via eChat allows you to meet with a tutor in one-on-one tutoring sessions via a fully interactive, virtual online environment. Live sessions are offered in every subject but writing.
The offline eQuestions allow you to leave a specific question for an eTutor, who will respond within 48 hours (but usually sooner). eQuestions may be submitted for any of the subject areas covered.
If you choose eChat, colored tutor icons will show which tutors are online. Click on the icon you wish to “chat” with. Note that your browser must be set to allow pop-ups in order for eChat to work.
If a tutor isn’t available for eChat, you can leave the tutors an eQuestion.
The Weekly Tutor Schedules are available in the lower right hand side of the welcome page. Click on This Week's Schedule.
If you need assistance with your account or how to use eTutoring (not technical support), please email Natalie Serianni: email@example.com.
We look forward to working with you and hope you will take advantage of the online tutoring resources offered by Western E-Tutoring throughout your academic year. Have a wonderful fall quarter!