Welcome to the Western eTutoring Consortium!
Directions for your First Login
- Username: Your MiraCosta SURF ID (same username as SURF and Blackboard)
Make sure you sign in as a student.
- Please update your account profile, including choosing a new password.
- Finally, please read and accept the eTutoring Terms and Conditions by checking the “I agree to all terms and conditions” box at the bottom of the page.
- Once this process is complete, click on one of the eTutoring services on the welcome page to begin!
- For any login problems, see the Tech Support section below.
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Engineering (Circuits & Digital Systems only)
- Math (Developmental through Trigonometry)
- Microsoft Office
- Web Development (xHTML, CSS, and Dreamweaver)
- Writing (note: MiraCosta offers its own online writing video feedback service)
Student Evaluation of Services Survey
Following the completion of each session on eTutoring, you will receive an email from eTutoring.org asking you to click on a link and fill out a two-question survey on your eTutoring experience. Please take a few moments to provide this important feedback.
Live Tutoring via eChat allows you to meet with a tutor in one-on-one tutoring sessions via a fully interactive, virtual online environment. Live sessions are offered in every subject but writing.
The offline eQuestions allow you to leave a specific question for an eTutor, who will respond within 48 hours (but usually sooner). eQuestions may be submitted for any subject area in the list above.
The eWriting Lab allows you to submit a draft of your paper to a tutor, ask for specific feedback, and receive a tutor's response within 24-48 hours. (note: MiraCosta offers its own online writing video feedback service)
If you choose eChat, colored tutor icons will show which tutors are online. Click on the icon you wish to “chat” with. Note that your browser must be set to allow pop-ups in order for eChat to work.
If a tutor isn’t available for eChat, you can leave the tutors an eQuestion.
Weekly Tutor Schedules are available in the lower right hand side of the welcome page.
If you have technical issues with eTutoring, go to http://esupport.ctdlc.org/ where you'll find tech support's hours and phone number as well as access to Live Support via online chat. To submit a service request, you'll need to click on "Create an Account" first.
eTutoring tech support does not help with login issues. If you are unable to log in, it is likely that you need to update your email address in SURF, or that you have registered for classes recently and your eTutoring account needs to be updated. To help solve login problems, please contact Jim Julius, Faculty Director of Online Education at MiraCosta at 760-795-6745 or firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your first & last names, SURF user ID, and password you are using to access eTutoring.